[Discuss-gnuradio] Simple FIR Filter

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple FIR Filter
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 22:24:28 -0700

Hi all,

I'm not sure how to implement a simple FIR filter within C++ code that does not act directly on the OOT blocks input array. I would appreciate it if someone would demonstrate a simple example of how to use fir_filter_fff assuming the following:

float[N] my_input_array = {N float values};   <---- This is not the OOT modules input port array
float[M] taps = {my taps};
float[N+M-1] my_output_array = {N+M-1 float values}; <---- This is not the OOT modules output port

What is the code that will convolve my_input_array with taps and store it in my_output_array using gnuradio builtins? I've tried this myself but can't get it to work. I'm not interested in writing my own convolution code when gnuradio has optimized implementations.

Thanks,
Rich