[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with OOT module import

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with OOT module import
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 11:18:29 -0700

Hello all,

I wrote an OOT module in cpp using GNU Radio 3.7.8, it shows up in GRC but when I run it, I get the worst error known to mankind (in my opinion):

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'my_block'

I've done this enough to where that usually means I've forgotten to execute sudo ldconfig or have an xml error. This time however, I'm not finding either of those to be a problem. So I tried to test the block using a python qa test. When I execute the qa test from command line, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "qa_my_block.py", line 24, in <module>
    import my_block_swig as my_block
ImportError: No module named MIL_STD_188_181C_swig

I'm not sure how or why swig is having issues. Does anyone know what problem this points to and a possible solution?

Thanks,
Rich