[Discuss-gnuradio] How to calculate BER in different modulations with OF

From: ANTONIO TAMAYO
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to calculate BER in different modulations with OFDM using GNURadio Companion
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 12:56:08 +0200

Hello Jawad,

Today I send the same message that I sent a few days ago because I realized I did not include GRC code files. Those files are necessary to detect errors.

I've made the changes you said. As you say, when I assign the Payload
parameter to the number of samples of the block Random Source without
introducing Delay, I get a BER value equal to 0. But what I need to
introduce a noise source so that when I increase the power noise, also
increase the BER. This doesn't happen making the changes that you say, when
I introduce a noise source and the noise power is increasing the value of
BER remains 0. This is incorrect. As you can see in the spectrum received,
the signal contains errors that they aren't appreciated by the block Error
Rate. (SistemasOFDM_prueba.grc)
Also, I need to send an image and calculate the BER in the same way as with
the random vector. When I use the block File Source and calculate the BER,
I have the same problem, the BER remains constant at 0.51 and although the
noise power increases, the BER remains unchanged. (SistemaOFDM_Pruebas1.grc)
The image that I send in the previos example is called "imagen"
Thank you.

Regards,
Antonio