[Discuss-gnuradio] Help with building GNU Radio for Android

From: Schuyler St. Leger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help with building GNU Radio for Android
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 16:28:19 -0700

I am trying to build GNU Radio for Android and am having issues with the build process.

I first tried building GNU Radio for Android on Mac OS X 10.10.4. I was able to follow the directions successfully until I had to build gr-grand. When I tried to build gr-grand I got this error (see error 1). I have tried searching for this error, but have not found any useful information from my search. I am not sure if this is an error with the build procedure, or if it is an error with the Android NDK and Python.

I then tried building GNU Radio for Android in a Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit VM, but when trying to stage Boost (./b2) I get this output from Boost (see error 2) and get an error about -march=armv7-m not being a supported compiler flag when Boost starts compiling. I have tried adding the toolset=gcc-android to Boost but this did not fix the problem (I had to do this on Mac to get Boost to use the configuration in the user-config.jam file).

I would like help getting this working, as I really want to get GNU Radio working on Android for me.

Schuyler St. Leger

Error 1:
[ 80%] Building CXX object swig/CMakeFiles/_grand_swig.dir/grand_swigPYTHON_wrap.cxx.o
In file included from /opt/android-toolchain/include/python2.7/Python.h:58:0,
                 from /opt/grandroid/gr-grand/build/swig/grand_swigPYTHON_wrap.cxx:167:
/opt/android-toolchain/include/python2.7/pyport.h:1029:2: error: #error "LONG_BIT definition appears wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc config?)."
 #error "LONG_BIT definition appears wrong for platform (bad gcc/glibc config?)."
  ^
make[2]: *** [swig/CMakeFiles/_grand_swig.dir/grand_swigPYTHON_wrap.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [swig/CMakeFiles/_grand_swig.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Error 2:
Performing configuration checks

    - 32-bit                   : no