Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Runtime error - Empty Device Address in GRC Flowg

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Runtime error - Empty Device Address in GRC Flowgraph build
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 13:30:14 -0400

On 08/15/2015 06:58 AM, Mark wrote:
Hello,

After installing GRC into Ubuntu 15.05 64bit I get the following error when
trying to run a GRC flow graph example:-

RuntimeError: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for ----->
Empty Device Address

A uhd_find_device command successfully returns the serial number from my USRP
B100 in TERMINAL. However, as I say, the flowgraph wont build as it doesn’t
appear to be able to locate my USRP B100 via its USB connection.

"uhd_images_downloader.py" successfully runs and running uhd-usrp.rules to
moves rule file to /etc/udev/rules.d/ carries out ok too.

However, again, I'm still unable to build a successful GRC flowgraph with my
B100.

I leave the device address empty in the GRC UHD USRP Source block but again,
GRC wont build the flowgraph and returns the above error message.

Please help as I've spent days trying to get GRC to install and operate
successfully.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark