Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Failure to build GNU Radio on various Ubuntu buil

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Failure to build GNU Radio on various Ubuntu builds
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 09:11:25 -0400

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 8:42 AM, Mark <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

After trying to install GNU Radio over the past few days I’ve been unsuccessful due to various failures of GNU Radio to build.

The latest error is as follows:-

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
gr-blocks/swig/CMakeFiles/blocks_swig5_swig_doc.dir/build.make:177: recipe for target 'gr-blocks/swig/blocks_swig5_doc.i' failed
make[2]: *** [gr-blocks/swig/blocks_swig5_doc.i] Error 139
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3254: recipe for target 'gr-blocks/swig/CMakeFiles/blocks_swig5_swig_doc.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [gr-blocks/swig/CMakeFiles/blocks_swig5_swig_doc.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
make failed
Exiting Gnu Radio build/install

As mentioned, this is the latest error of a  series of many other errors occurring during previous install/build attempts but which would be too numerous to mention here.

I’ve tried installing using Marcus’s script from the Shirley Bay server but the install fails near the end when attempting to build as mentioned above. I modified Marcus’s script at one point to get the install to run more successfully although eventually even that modification to a line in the script fails to lead to a successful overall build but it does appear to build further doing that.

On this occasion, I’ve tried various distro’s of Ubuntu (12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS – 32 bit and 15.04 64 bit) but none accommodate the install of GNU Radio without some error or other.

I feel I have installed prerequisites and so forth and prerequisites from various suggestions in the various threads on other sites discussing the install of GNU Radio on Ubuntu.

I should say that I’ve installed GNURadio successfully many times in the past, using 12.04 LTS and installing GNU Radio on Windows 7 and this has been great to use with my Ettus USRP B100 (using UHD) at the time. However, today, some two years later I want to use GNU Radio a lot more and hopefully write modules and develop a SDR UI for my Ettus device but I don’t appear to be having any success at the GNU Radio install which is frustrating.

I’ve used so much time up trying to overcome the various issues, I’m now turning to ask for help as I feel I’ve exhausted every approach I can try with my present knowledge level.

All help and guidance is very much appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Mark.