Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Processing expectations

From: Tom Cook
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Processing expectations
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:55:49 +0000

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 at 12:30 Marcus Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]

Thanks for the very detailed explanation, Marcus.  I think quite a bit of my trouble here is relating GNU Radio terminology to hazily-remembered signal processing courses I took fifteen years ago and haven't used a whole lot since.

So, using a rational resampler at 4x decimation, with no separate aliasing filter and the 'Filter taps' parameter left empty will mean that there will be aliasing in the resulting down-sampled data.  Have I understood you right?  I need to provide filter taps to get an anti-aliasing filter as part of the resampler block?

Thanks again,
Tom

PNG image

PNG image