Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FEC GnuRadio 3.7.8rc1 Error

From: bob wole
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FEC GnuRadio 3.7.8rc1 Error
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 10:31:57 +0500

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 12:44 AM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 2:07 AM, bob wole <address@hidden> wrote:
Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
Gnuradio 3.7.8rc1

I am running this flowgraph "fecapi_async_to_stream.grc" that comes with gr-fec. After running for a while following error always show up

DEBUG: 16384, 560, 272
DEBUG: 16384, 560, 272
FATAL: Missing a required length tag on port 0 at item #14965440
thread[thread-per-block[7]: <block fec_tagged_decoder (7)>]: Missing length tag.

The only thing that changes is the item#.
Testing further ....

--
Bob

Bob,

You led us down a buggy path on that one. This, I'm pretty sure, is related to Richard Bell's problem for a few weeks ago where adding a time sink caused problems in his data stream. I have to say, I kind of dismissed that as impossible, but nope, it's a real problem.

The problem isn't with the GUI sinks; you can replace them with null sinks and you get the same problem. It's a race condition in our tag pruning method that was changed in 3.7.6. We have a patch that we're putting in now that will be part of 3.7.8.

The patch goes backwards a bit to how tag pruning was originally done. However, with the map, we no longer have to restart the iterator at begin() like we used to, and we can terminate early, so this should still be much faster than the original.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the update. Which block exactly is causing this? Should I wait for version 3.7.8 then?

--
Bob