Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT Blocks causing BER errors?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT Blocks causing BER errors?
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 15:44:58 -0400

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Nick Foster <address@hidden> wrote:
My guess, educated only in that I've seen it happen before, is that one of the blocks in your flowgraph exhibits behavior which is dependent on the number of samples per work call. Loading the machine down with GUI blocks will change the number of samples GR doles out during each work call.

Timing synchronizers would be the first place I'd look.

--n

Hey guys,

I just replied to bob wole on another thread with a bug that I think is related to this issue, too. To quote myself:

"The problem isn't with the GUI sinks; you can replace them with null sinks and you get the same problem. It's a race condition in our tag pruning method that was changed in 3.7.6. We have a patch that we're putting in now that will be part of 3.7.8.

The patch goes backwards a bit to how tag pruning was originally done. However, with the map, we no longer have to restart the iterator at begin() like we used to, and we can terminate early, so this should still be much faster than the original."

Hope this solves others' problems as well!

Tom