Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Model

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Model
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 09:44:01 -0400

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 7:25 AM, monika bansal <address@hidden> wrote:
Hii

I am using channels.channel_model as

channels_channel_model_0 = channels.channel_model(
noise_voltage = self.EbN0_to_noise_voltage(EbN0),
frequency_offset=0.0,
epsilon=1.0,
taps=(1.0 + 0j, ),
noise_seed=RAND_SEED,
block_tags=True
)

in the place of Add and Noise_Source in berawgn.py file.. But the BER is not following the theory curve. I am attaching the curve i got.

What does this channel model do ? Can someone please explain it.

The channel_model is a hierarchical block to add noise, frequency offset, timing offset, and a constant channel. In your case, you've turned off everything but the noise source, which is generated using a gr::analog::noise_source_c.

http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1channels_1_1channel__model.html

My guess is that you're setting the noise voltage level incorrectly.

Tom