Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Solved! Repeat Block/New Repeat Block

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Solved! Repeat Block/New Repeat Block
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 13:25:11 -0400

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Kevin McQuiggin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi All:

My previous report of lock-up issues with both the standard Repeat block, and a new OOT block that I wrote to allow variable interpolation can be ignored.

The issue that generated my report was my use of a dual-input time sink.  I was feeding a base [0,1] signal into one input, and the interpolated signal into the other.  For some reason that caused the sink to lock up.  Using two separate time sinks, both old and new Repeat blocks run fine.  My new variable interpolation block works well!

Thanks to Marcus Muller and Francisco Albani for their assistance and detailed explanation.  I learned a lot through this process.

Kevin

Kevin,

Yes, the qtgui sinks can only accept streams coming in at the same sample rate, and the repeat block would change that. Glad you figured it out. I really thought that I had added that warning to the manual page, but I don't see it in the published manual. I need to check on this and make sure a warning about this is made in the docs.

Tom