[Discuss-gnuradio] Issues with OOT

From: Marius Cachelin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues with OOT
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 15:04:38 +0000

Hi everyone,

I am writing here because I have some issues using an OOT module. Actually, I have gnuradio installed on my desktop.

I want to install gnuradio on other laptop so that I can use 2 USRP.

So, I followed the steps described here "http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/InstallingGRFromSource", where I used the build-gnuradio script. (I have already used this script to install gnuradio on my desktop).

- I created a new folder, named "gnuradio" in /opt.
- I then run  cd /opt/gnuradio and wget http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio && chmod a+x ./build-gnuradio && ./build-gnuradio . After a while, all the process is done.
- I followed all steps presented in http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/OutOfTreeModulesConfig, to create a new OOT module.

But, In GRC, when I want to use my new OOT module, I get this error :

-- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/sagem/Bureau/top_block.py", line 140, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/sagem/Bureau/top_block.py", line 65, in __init__
    self.test_block_test_0 = test.block_test()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'block_test'

My block, named block_test, do nothing. It just copy all inputs items into output buffer.

I read some discusses about this error, but I can't understand why I get it.
I checked all my CMakelist.txt, and all is good.
I run make test, and all test passed.

If someone could help me to figure this out, It would be very helpfull.

Marius

CACHELIN Marius
Ingénieur Systèmes, Réseaux et Télécommunications