Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core missing / UCLA Zigbee PHY in gnurad

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core missing / UCLA Zigbee PHY in gnuradio version 3.6.5.1
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 17:00:13 +0200

On 07/30/2015 04:17 PM, Jaeho wrote:
I am sorry. I think my problem description was not good enough make you
understand.

so I changed my question.

actually, my source code, did not generated by GNU Radio Companion. code
writer just programmed in script as python code at the beginning.

it means i have no grc file to open GNU Radio Companion and i already have
python file.

So my question is,

1. how can i use gr-ieee802-15-4 from
https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-15-4?

Please see installation and usage section in the readme.
https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-15-4/blob/master/README

2. how can i find proper function in gr-ieee802-15-4 module to replace my
old source code function (from UCLA Zigbee PHY) such as
ieee802_15_4_pkt.ieee802_15_4_mod_pkt()?

   : To make question more specific, below is my question

     ieee802_15_4_pkt.ieee802_15_4_mod_pkt()             ->
????
               from UCLA Zigbee PHY
from gr-ieee802-15-4

As I said, the modulation was changed to utilize GNU Radio blocks instead of reproducing functionality in the module. In addition, the code does not use old message queues, but was ported to the new message passing system. This means it won't be a search-replace update of the old code, so there is no answer to your question.

But:
ieee802_15_4_mod_pkt() was a hierarchical block for modulation. Also the current code uses a hierarchical block, but generates it from a GRC flow graph. So again, if I were you, I would just generate the new hierarchical block for modulation (ieee802_15_4_OQPSK_PHY.grc) and a flow graph that uses it (transceiver_OQPSK.grc). This will provide you all code snippets you need to update your hand-coded python scripts.

Best,
Bastian