Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] error with gr_modtool makexml howto_detect_ff

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] error with gr_modtool makexml howto_detect_ff
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:15:13 -0400

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 5:08 AM, Mohamed Cha3 <address@hidden> wrote:
I am working to make a detector block in gnuradio 3.6.5.1 using gr-how
"out-of-tree module". I am stuck with an error during " gr_modtool
makexml howto_detect_ff " command.

GNU Radio module name identified: howto
Warning: This is an experimental feature. Don't expect any magic.
Searching for matching files in lib/:
Making GRC bindings for lib/howto_detect_ff_impl.cc...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/gr_modtool", line 41, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/local/bin/gr_modtool", line 37, in main
    modtool.run()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/modtool/modtool_makexml.py",
line 66, in run
    (params, iosig, blockname) = self._parse_cc_h(f)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/modtool/modtool_makexml.py",
line 157, in _parse_cc_h
    return (parser.read_params(), parser.read_io_signature(), blockname)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/modtool/parser_cc_block.py",
line 214, in read_params
    params_list = _scan_param_list(make_match.end(0))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'end'

Thanks in advance,
CHAABANE

We would likely have to see your code to understand the problem. It's probably something that's either related to a bug in your block or a non-standard type that Python doesn't know anything about when parsing.

As the 'makexml' feature says "Warning: This is an experimental feature. Don't expect any magic."

It might be easier for you to just create the XML by hand. There should already be an xml skeleton file in your grc directory that you can edit to make it do what you need.

Given the fact that this is an experimental feature and you're using an old version of GNU Radio, it's unlikely we'll be fixing problems like this on that version, though this might help us improve the current version.

Tom