[Discuss-gnuradio] Power output RFX2400 and OFDM example

From: Jose Perez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Power output RFX2400 and OFDM example
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 08:56:41 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

I am trying to obtain or know how much power output my hardware device is
transmitting. For this, I am running the example "tx_ofdm.grc" with a USRP1
and RFX2400 daughterboard. The RFX2400 provides a typical power output of 50
mW => ~ 17dBm.
The block "Multiply const" can increase or decrease my transmitted signal
and I am also using a Spectrum Analyzer to measure the received signal
according the distance.
Actually, I need understand how the "Multiply const" block relates with the
power output ... and what is the exact power that my hardware is
transmitting.
If I put 0,5 in "Multiply const" block this means the I am transmitting half
of my all power output?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
José