[Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Model and SNR

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Model and SNR
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 16:38:46 -0700

I'm trying to figure out how to convert the channel model noise voltage value into an SNR value for a simulation I'm making. The user wants to be able to enter an SNR value and simulate the BER. So I'm looking at the source code for Channel Model, and two things happen:

1) I would conclude that the Noise Voltage value corresponds to the standard deviation of the noise that will be produced, am I correct?

2) A question arises, why does gnuradio call rayleigh_complex() to produce Gaussian noise?

Thanks,
Rich