Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reconnecting OFDM rx

From: Julius Durst
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reconnecting OFDM rx
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:15:33 +0200

Hi,

I had a peek inside the S&C block, it's a hier block, so I simply rebuilt it with the single blocks it composed of. Aaaaand it works. But I did not see anything wrong in the hier block. Maybe it could be because of buffers, which get flushed or some do and some do not or something like that? Could it be a bug?

So that was the "solution" for the first problem. Now for the second one: After reconnecting, every detection lead to the

INFO: Detected an invalid packet at item 192
INFO: Parser returned #f
INFO: Detected an invalid packet at item 240
INFO: Parser returned #f
  ... and so on

error. I figured out that this is a problem of the header/payload demux, which is stateful. Because it got no new items/samples when disconnected, after reconnection it took the new items as part of the old paket, so all in all the wrong header for the wrong payload. I solved this by feeding the rx with a null source while it is disconnected. I'm still not sure if this could avoided and if it makes sense if the HPDemux looked for a new trigger, even if the old paket was not complete. But for now I won't go deeper into this block.

So to make it easier than rebuilding the S&C block from its single components, is it possible to let gnuradio clear all buffers, even the ones inside a hier block?

Or any other ideas what could be the problem with the S&C block?

For anyone interrested or if you want to try the difference between S&C and "self made" S&C: http://pastebin.com/r88MKGEv

BR
Julius