[Discuss-gnuradio] Tag Deletion Scenario

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tag Deletion Scenario
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 22:19:03 -0700

Since tags are in a different buffer then data, if I use get_tags_in_range to get tags outside the current noutput_items worth of data I'm working on, and erase one of those tags, would the tag simply disappear from the sample that has long ago passed through the block?

Here is an example:

nitems_read = 1000;
noutput_items = 50;
get_tags_in_range(tags, 0, 100, 200);
tags.erase(tags.begin());

You can see the current block of data lies between items 1000 and 1049 but I'm deleting a tag from the range 100 to 200, whose item may be several blocks upstream by now.

If all this works as I've described above, how can we protect blocks up stream that may be acting on this tag when it suddenly disappears because of an erase call like the one above?

Rich