Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] trouble with QAM mod/ WX GUI Constellation Sink

From: Bill Eaton
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] trouble with QAM mod/ WX GUI Constellation Sink
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:56:03 -0700

> What I meant was that you plot the result of your timing + phase recovery

> into an XY plot, that would take care of those additional points you're seeing.

I have to confess that I don't even know what that means or how to go about accomplishing it. I have to take baby steps because I'm a baby. ;-) If you could point me to an example or some other things to try, that would be helpful.

I looked through the examples that ship with GNURadio and didn't see anything obvious. Also, I looked through the GRC block tree to see if I could try something. There's a Synchronizers section. Something from there?

You thought maybe it was oversampled. It occurred to me that maybe the X-Y chart rate should be samp_rate/8, but I tried that and the chart still look largely the same.

mlist_qam_constellation_xy.grc.png