Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP RF output frequency is much faster than inte

From: Jeon
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP RF output frequency is much faster than intended.
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 00:01:33 +0900

Dear all, Mleech, Marcus and Nathan

Thanks for all your advices.

I've set the samp_rate to 250k and it works perfectly.

Marcus,

I've checked your answer on USRP users mailing list a few minutes ago.
Some settings were set wrong, so the mail was not delivered to me.
Sorry for late.

Nathan,

LFTX and LFRX can use center frequnecy of 0 Hz (maybe....) which are what I am using now.

Regards,
Jeon.

Hi Jeon,

I stared at this over my morning coffee. I can't quite explain why you're getting 7.8kHz output on a scope, but there's some other considerations.

1) Your UHD block has a center frequency of 0Hz. When you run your flowgraph do you get messages from UHD? You should see something about not being able to set a center frequency of 0Hz and using x Hz instead.

2) 32 kHz is not a good sampling rate for USRPs. You should see something similar to #1 about setting the clock. The signal you are seeing is probably a result of generating a signal with some expected sampling frequency and looking at with another. If you compare the actual USRP clock rate to 32kHz and do some math I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out to be a factor of 8 different.

3) Imagine an even simpler case with just a sine wave. You have a sine wave of 1kHz at complex baseband going in to an upconverter (imagine this as multiplying your signal by an oscillator at your center frequency). What would you expect on the scope? If you don't know, then do the math; it's fairly simple trig.

Good luck,
Nathan