[Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM example from gr-digital with UHD

From: Gabriele Galiero
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM example from gr-digital with UHD
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 14:23:33 +0200

Hello, I was interested to test tx_ofdm.grc and rx_ofdm.grc from
gr-digital, at the same time using USRP N200 devices.

TX OFDM:

The changes that I did were, removing throttle block and adding an UHD
Sink instead, with center frequency 430 MHz, which is the frequency band
for which my department has license to transmit.

RX OFDM:

In this case I removed all blocks before throttle (included), and placed
there an UHD Source at the same center frequency.

Flow graphs attached in the files.

I monitored the output signal and the received signal. I also used a
spectrum analyzer to check the actual signal that is being transmitted.
Pics are attached.

In the tx signal measured by a spectrum analyzer, we can see that the
spectrum is not that we desire. I would like to ask if I am doing
something wrong with the configuration. Before transmission there was no
signal at that frequency and tx and rx antennas are suitable for the
carrier frequency.

In addition I tried to transmit a file instead of just random bits. In
reception I was not receiving the file. The config was just adding a
file sink at the end of the rx block and a file source at the beginning
of the tx block. Could you please help me with some tip?

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/10886/tx_ofdm.jpg
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/10887/rx_ofdm.png
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/10888/tx_signal.jpg