[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-lte vs gr::digital::ofdm*

From: Anderson, Douglas J.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-lte vs gr::digital::ofdm*
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:48:40 +0000

Hi all,

Lately I've been working with gr-lte and trying to use some of those blocks in my own application (not grc).

I'm still in the learning phase about ofdm/lte, and I'm struggling with the lack of documentation or comments in gr-lte.

I think I would prefer to use GNU Radio's built-in OFDM blocks for time/freq sync, CP removal, etc, and then lean on gr-lte blocks for decode/unpack operations.

My question is, is that practical? gr-lte uses a flowgraph like:

source -> cp-based timing sync -> lte PSS sync -> cp-based freq sync -> LTE SSS sync -> lte esimator -> decode stuff...

Are the gr::digital::ofdm* blocks too generic to understand things like LTE's primary and secondary sync symbols?

I have been referencing the receive flowgraph here: https://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_ofdm.html

Thanks for any hints,
-Doug