[Discuss-gnuradio] Remove portion of tagged stream

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Remove portion of tagged stream
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:09:07 -0700

Hello all,

Question 1:
I have another "Does this exist already" question. I'm using the correlate access code block to tag a stream of data. Is there a block that exists that will identify a tag and then remove the next X items, where X is user defined?

I'm not looking to use the Header Payload/Demux for this, because the specification I'm designing to does not call out a header and I need to remain interoperable.

Question 2:
Assuming I have to write this block myself, I'd like some confirmation of my current thought process.

Since the input/output relationship is not constant, as I will be removing samples (decimating) sometimes but other times copying input to output (sync), is the conclusion that I have to use a general block here correct?

Question 3:
When using a general block, it is my responsibility to consume and produce everything. With this said, if I call produce(X) to place samples in the output buffer, then what does the return statement do? If I return 8000, what does this mean?

Thanks,
Rich