Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fw: pybombs-gnuradio-install-missing files

From: Handy Kirk
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fw: pybombs-gnuradio-install-missing files
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 14:26:04 +0000 (UTC)

From: Tom Rondeau <address@hidden>
To: Handy Kirk <address@hidden>
Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, 22 June 2015, 22:10

That's very strange behavior to install Python 2.6. The dependency tree must have identified that for some other package it was installing. This is, of course, the problem with trying to use a general build overlay system like PyBOMBS on top of the OS's package manager: there are so many of these distros out there and they all behave differently.

Tom

PyBOMBS GNU Radio Build Quick Start¶
"You can opt to just use the source, 'src', install and build everything from source."

I selected to install from src only, my interpretation of above is that this would bypass PCLinuxOS already installed files even if they were acceptable for use in PyBOMBS (of course taking extra time) is this correct?

Or is that only part true?

PCLinuxOS is rpm/Synaptic based, I have also tried install with options: rpm,src but that failed in grander style so I soon changed to src only as a safer starting point.

In the next day or two I will have new partition installed with fresh KDE64 install and try again. I have the liveDVD part installed but need a bit 1 GB update to bring it to todays date should be done the coming day with PyBOMBS attempt 1 day later.

h.