Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Model block - Epsilon effect on band edge

From: Murphy, John
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Model block - Epsilon effect on band edges
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:20:06 -0400

On further thought, not all resamplers need filters. In fact this may
be about the ideal case where a resampler does not need a filter.
If you are resampling a signal that does extend fully to the band
edge, and your resample ratio is close enough to unity to avoid
aliasing at the target new rate, do you still need to filter?
And with a Epsilon on the order of 1+/-1e-7 or so the change in
bandwidth from sample rate change is so small you can not even see it
on a spectrum with human vision.
Am I outside the box or up the creek without a paddle?

John Murphy
address@hidden