Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio FFT - Graph concatenation

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio FFT - Graph concatenation
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 10:38:31 -0400

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Hassaan Ahmad <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks for the guidance.

Can I do this message passing in GRC? Also, how would the bandwidths get concatenated together and displayed in the same FFT graph?

Check out our tutorials on gnuradio.org for message passing help. In the FFT blocks, go into the Properties and in the General tab at the bottom there's a "Show Msg Ports" option that you'll need to turn on.

You wouldn't be able to concatenate the signals in the plot. The plots are designed for real-time use, so each time plots, it's based on the newest signal information in the data stream. So the old stuff would be gone. The message port just changes the center frequency with the same bandwidth.

What you want is very specialized, so you'll probably have to write something of your own for this.

Tom