Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Run to Completion with gr-ieee80211

From: Paul Garver
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Run to Completion with gr-ieee80211
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 09:20:47 -0400

Hi Bastian,

Thanks for the response and the simplified example. Maybe someone who understands the scheduler a bit better can chime in and let us know the scope of the issue here.  I’m happy to dig into the details but it would be good to know if this is a fundamental issue with the scheduler or a simple fix.  I thought based on [1] this was an issue with python message-only blocks, but everything here should be c++. Like you, I’ve previously implemented some work-arounds such as having the file pointer location in file source accessible.  But it seems this issue is not application specific and thus it sure would be nice to have the fix in the baseline vs. running custom file source blocks, forks of GR, etc.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2015-04/msg00093.html

PWG