[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2/Gnuradio - satellite application

From: Abdeslam Bourkane
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2/Gnuradio - satellite application
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 06:16:17 +0200

Good evening,

I will appreciate  your help and guidance. since 3 weeks I'm trying to implement  an application
 to derive the sky noise and attenuation from a beacon satellite signal. Using gnuardio and USRP2 (Ettus N210) I'm able to receive the and see the beacon signal at a defined frequency (FFT plot). What I need is write an application in python or C++ that allow to me to retrieve and plot the skynoise and attenuation values.
The problem I have is when using the blocks in gnuradio how to retrieve the signal power so then I can use a math formulas to derive both attenuation and skynoise and then plot them again in new graph to show them?

I would appreciate any help from your side.

Thank you and best regards

Abdeslam Bourkane