Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Diagnosing the cause of D's

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Diagnosing the cause of D's
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 20:13:38 +0200

Hi Richard,

320kS is not the minimal rate; if I'm not mistaken it's 100MHz/512.

Ds are relatively serious, and I've rarely seen them: The typical "your system is too slow" results in "O"verflows; typically, you see "D" if UHD starts wondering where the sample packet n disappeared to, after receiving n-1 followed by n+1 (or so).

What's your ethernet hardware? (If on linux, "lspci | grep -i ether")
We've had some grief caused by USB3-to-ethernet-adapters which seemed to take delight in confusing at least UHD, its users and a significant part of its support team by randomly reordering packets on a direct link. Also, there's a single Intel Gigabit Ethernet controller that comes directly from hell, but it's becoming rarer in the wild every day.

Best regards,
Marcus