[Discuss-gnuradio] Need of delay=58 in the PSK Symbol Recovery Guided Tu

From: Francisco Albani
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Need of delay=58 in the PSK Symbol Recovery Guided Tutorial
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 21:38:52 -0300

Hi, I managed to successfully replicate the results of this tutorial:

https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorial_PSK_Demodulation

and, of course I understand the reason for a delay between the bits of
the source and the receiver.

But then I was struck by this: considering that the 2-input QT GUI
Time Sink consumes one sample of each at the same time and waits
otherwise, wouldn't this act as an "involuntary" synchronizer for the
bit streams?

Of course this is not happening so I'm making a bad assumption some
place and thats the reason I'm here asking for help.

(I know I could devise some debugging code for testing all my
hypothesis, but I'm still to newbie)

Many thanks!