Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which blocks do you like?

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which blocks do you like?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 16:38:17 -0700

The tone reservation PAPR reduction block used with the DVB-T2 transmitter in gr-dtv may be interesting for you. It uses a ton of floating point calculations.

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-dtv/lib/dvbt2/dvbt2_paprtr_cc_impl.cc

Even though it uses Volk kernels extensively, it's performance is still lacking. Right now, it's capable of light PAPR reduction, but for heavier reduction, it's takes too much CPU and the transmitter flow goes non real-time.

The target performance would be a clipping value of 2.57 over 50 iterations, which is what is used in the Ofcom mode 2 profile. Current performance is a clipping value around 2.9 over 20 iterations (on my workstation).

Ron