[Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Transmitter and Receiver - poor synchronization

From: Michal Vaclík
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Transmitter and Receiver - poor synchronization with USRP1
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 23:11:44 +0200

Hi,
I am trying to implement OFDM transmitter and receiver (both in one flowgraph) using 2 USRP1s (both equipped with WBX). I have adjusted the signal so there's no peak above 1 and -1, but I am still failing at syncrhonization. I used exmaples mentioned in Martin Braun's talk at FOSDEM 14 which are now available in digital/ofdm/ folder.

Running the flowgraph without USRPs seems to be fine at lower sample rates (~125k), but I am struggling at adjusting sample rates for USRP1 which cannot go lower than 250k. I have noticed syncrhonization being much better at high sample rates (2-4M).

Are there any guides on how to achieve better synchronization with two USRP1s?

Thanks in advance.
Michal