Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "Catching" end of flowgraph execution with GUI

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "Catching" end of flowgraph execution with GUI
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 17:22:55 +0200

Hi Nemanja,
typically, clicking your "start" button would spawn a new thread, in which you top_block.start(), .stop() and .wait(); after wait returns, you would then use whatever multithreading framework you're using to notify the threads that need to know.
GNU Radio is not very callback-oriented, i.e. there's no "hooks" in the scheduler -- typically, you use "active" things like message passing to hand information around.

Greetings,
Marcus