Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Two rtl2832 dongles in a GRC project

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Two rtl2832 dongles in a GRC project
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:51:59 -0700

On Apr 23, 2015, at 3:32, Игорь Попов <address@hidden> wrote:

> I try to make project with two dongles rtl2832+r820.
>
> In GNU Radio Companion v3.7.6.1-58-g620817ed I made simple project with two
> equal channels containing rtl2832_source block and blocks_ctrlport_probe2.
> And I have an error. The output of programm is:
[...]
> libusb error: unknown return code [-6] (int
> rtl2832::demod::find_device():446) "libusb_claim_interface(devh, 0)"

I'm not familiar with this particular block you're using, but I highly
recommend you use gr-osmosdr's source block instead. It is widely used and
works with rtl-sdr devices, and I can confirm that it handles multiple devices
well.

With gr-osmosdr, you can use the device string to specify two RTL dongles
generically:

   osmosdr.source('rtl=0')
   osmosdr.source('rtl=1')

or using their EEPROM serials instead, which is useful for consistent
selection. (Note that most dongles come from the factory with a serial number
like '000001', so you'll have to use the rtl_eeprom tool to rewrite them to
unique text of your choice.)

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>