[Discuss-gnuradio] Why are malloc_<type> in gr::fft?

From: Jeon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why are malloc_<type> in gr::fft?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:18:50 +0900

It's not a big deal, but I'm just curious.

Why are malloc functions, malloc_complex, malloc_double, malloc_float in gr::fft ?
I think memory allocating functions can be used in various purposes, not only in FFT.

Is it just a workaround that
there are no more proper places (gr::analog, gr::digital, gr::blocks...) for malloc?

Or, is it not just a simple memory allocated array,
but a special array that something happens when items are put into the array?

Regards,
Jeon.