[Discuss-gnuradio] Correlation Estimation Block Oddity

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Correlation Estimation Block Oddity
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 16:29:16 -0700

Hello all,

I'm using GR 3.7.8. I'm trying to work the new Correlation Estimation block into my design. I'm seeing what looks like unintended behavior for the tag placements. Sometimes the corr_start tag is placed on the same sample as the corr_est, time_est and phase_est tags, but sometimes the corr_start tag is placed a sample earlier then those three tags.

I've attached a screenshot showing this behavior. In the same running flow graph the tag placement will go back and forth between being on the same sample or being off by one sample. As long as the corr_start tag is always on the correct sample I guess this won't break anything, but I figured I'd let you all know what I'm seeing.

I don't have the full design working yet so I can't say myself that the block works.

v/r,
Rich