Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs first journey ( should we create a 101 an

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs first journey ( should we create a 101 and troubleshooting page?)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:47:04 +0200

Hi Gregory,
if you wanted to start with a clean slate, why did you chose a two-years obsolete LTS version?
Current Ubuntu LTS is 14.04, and I would strongly have recommended using that (sorry to say this afterwards) since it would have saved you a lot of things you needed to download and build from source, since the 12.04 versions are too old to work with GNU Radio....

However, it seems you got it to build, which really is nice to hear!

So, during your pybombs run, it asked you about an installation prefix. If you look there, you should find directories like "bin" and "lib"; look into bin for your gnuradio-companion executable :)

now, regarding your environment script:
./pybombs env
will write a $prefix/setup_env.sh . If you then edit (or create, if it doesn't exist) your /home/youruser/.bashrc, [1] and add a

source /path/to/prefix/setup_env.sh

and open up a new terminal window after saving that, you should be using a system configured to find all your shiny newly built software :)

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki/Using#pybombs-env