Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T/T2

From: Bogdan Diaconescu
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T/T2
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 12:57:06 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Ralph,

DVB-T.png shows some u's on the command line which means the whole flowgraph do not provide data to USRP at the right speed. It basically mean the computer cannot cope with the required processing requirement.

As for the video parameters, in the DVB-T specs (http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/300700_300799/300744/01.06.01_60/en_300744v010601p.pdf) you will find Table 17 where the rates are presented. FYI, the settings you have used are 8Mhz bandwidth, QAM-16 constellation, coding 1/2, guard interval 1/32. The video should be constant bit rate but it is not a hard requirement (see below).

If you just broadcast video from a file and not plan to use a live streaming from camera, the rate should not matter too much. The video is sent at the rate of the DVB-T according to it's parameters and with RTL2832 receiver it is buffered and played at the correct speed (at least for short files like test.ts).

Bogdan