[Discuss-gnuradio] How to increase the noutput_items

From: Zhe Feng
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to increase the noutput_items
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 07:47:58 -0700 (MST)

Dear all,

I'm experiencing a problem with the noutput_items.

I have written a sync block which did "return" several times. I found the
noutput_items dropped exactly by the amount that I returned. For example, if
I wrote "return 10", after that, I printed noutput_items and found it
decreased to noutput_items -10.

Due to this fashion, the noutput_items could decrease to a value that one of
my "if statement" isn't satisfied. In that case, several items wouldn't be
outputed so the actual size of output items is smaller than the size of
input items. Is it still a sync block?

I tried to wait for the noutput_items to increase but it didn't happen. I
tried to use "set_noutput_items( )" or "set_output_buffer()" to some values
I wanted, but they also failed.

So I'm asking that how to tell the scheduler effectively that I want to
increase the noutput_items?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Zhe