Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Achievable Sampling Rate without Under/Overflows

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Achievable Sampling Rate without Under/Overflows
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:31:23 -0400

On 03/27/2015 01:01 PM, Richard Bell wrote:
I need some understanding of what reasonably achievable sample rates are using GNU Radio to implement a packet base radio.

For example, I'm running into D's at only 430 k/samples. This is running a packet detecting radio using bpsk.

Those who have working OFDM radios, what sample rates does your system support without over/underflow? How about those with QPSK radios detecting packets, what samle rate can you support?

I'm not using a multi-rate approach, so I know there are gains to be had in my design. But for a BPSK radio with packet detection (and full synchronization), I'm surprised I'm hitting the low limits of what the USRP requires already.

Thanks,
Rich