Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A few questions regarding QT GUI development

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A few questions regarding QT GUI development
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:30:24 +0100

Hi George,
It's also my understanding that QT GUI development is underway in future versions of gnuradio.
I'd say it's pretty usable and stable in *current* versions of gnuradio.
It's also my understanding that QT GUI development is underway in future versions of gnuradio.
Have a git blame one the gr-qtgui subdirectory. You'll mainly find Tom as contributor, but of course, a lot of people contribute features, new sinks, bugfixes etc.
So, I'd say, it's an overall community effort.
will "introduce a QT version of GRC" (what does that mean?)
GRC (GNU Radio Companion) is, to date, a GTK application, and there's work going on to "port it" to Qt (I'd rather say, there's someone who's rewriting the GUI part completely, but in effect, it's a port).

gr-qtgui will be switching examples to use gr-qtgui instead of gr-wxgui
Um, I don't understand that, either, but it means that in the future, examples will be based on Qt GUI (rather than WX *or* QT, depending on when/who wrote them).

Functionality I'm most interested in includes X/Y mode for the QT GUI Time Sink and the ability to pause the output of the Time, Frequency, and Waterfall sinks (as is available via the "Stop" button in the WX counterparts.
Have you tried middle mouse button, for example on the waterfall sink?

All in all, the Qt widgets are easier to integrate into "real world" applications, and they are far more easily customized -- a CSS might be all you need.

Greetings,
Marcus