Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changing GUI Sink block params on the fly from a

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changing GUI Sink block params on the fly from a custom C++ block?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 10:30:16 -0400

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Murphy, John <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello GNU Radio'ers,

I have a GRC flowgraph with a custom C++ block that feeds a stream of
vectors of floats to the QT GUI Vector Sink. Which particular internal
vector of floats gets streamed out of the custom C++ block is set on
the fly from a QT GUI Chooser. I am using the autoscale on the QT GUI
Vector Sink.

The autoscale is okay but I do come up against shortcomings with it
and I could do better if I could somehow have the C++ code for the
custom C++ block (or the stuff in the GRC flowgraph, but that seems
more difficult to me) call some function to change the QT GUI Vector
Sink Y Axis Min and Max on the fly when the param choosing the vector
is changed.

Would someone please indicate how to do this, if it can be done? And
perhaps provide a link to a similar example on the web to work from,
if such exists?

Thanks,
John

In the Vector Sink's properties, you can set a variable for the y-min and y-max. When you change the variable (via a slider or in any other way), it will change the y axis settings.

Tom