Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gr-ettus

From: Ben Lapointe
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing gr-ettus
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 15:08:17 -0400

Martin,
I am not using the SDK.  The steps I have taken so far:
Created a new SD card from the dizzy dev image found at [1].
Followed the steps at [2] to clone the RFNoC git repository, switch to rfnoc-devel branch, build it, install it to /opt/uhd
My next challenge was to install the gr-ettus OOT module to be able to use the RFNoC blocks in GRC.
The dizzy image already had a previous install of UHD and GNU RADIO.  For RFNoC I installed a new UHD with the RFNoC branch.  I was hoping to add gr-ettus to the existing GNU RADIO install, to simplify things.
I am doing all of this on the E310.  Is this the right way to do it?  I assumed that I didn't need the SDK because I already had an SD image built.
Thanks,
-ben