[Discuss-gnuradio] Setting up GNU Radio

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting up GNU Radio
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 14:43:03 -0700

Hi all,

I'm setting up a new shared laptop with multiple users who want to use GNU Radio. I'm not sure how to set this up correctly.

Should I do it this way:

1) cd /usr/local/bin
2) git clone https://github.com/pybombs/pybombs.git && cd pybombs
3) sudo ./pybombs install gnuradio (sudo needed to give permission to create files here)
4) ./pybombs env

5) Then instead of sourcing the setup_env.sh file from .bashrc, I will source it from /etc/profile.

6) Finally, and this is the part I'm most unsure of, since I used sudo ./pybombs install gnuradio, root owns these files. If I remember correctly, this caused issues for me in the past trying to run gnuradio from a non-root account. How should I handle this?

Thanks a lot,
Rich