Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Extracting and storing certain parameters from co

From: Richard Bell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Extracting and storing certain parameters from continuous IQ data
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 14:35:42 -0700

Hey,

I can't tell you how you should do this. I can tell you that you will need to get comfortable with tags and probably messages to achieve these things you want. If you haven't already, check out the gnuradio tutorial on programming topics to get started. They do a pretty good job explaining it there. http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorial_Programming_Topics

For example, suppose you only wanted to store a certain stream of data after a preamble was detected. You could use a 'correlate and sync - tag' block to adds tags at the start of your data to the stream and then feed this into a 'tagged file sink' block which will only put the portion after the tag into the file. You want a lot more functionality then this, but this could get you going in the right direction.

Rich