[Discuss-gnuradio] Decoding Morse code

From: Mike Markowski
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Decoding Morse code
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 14:19:42 -0500

A few weeks ago I started learning my way around gnuradio and am making progress, but could use advice from experienced users.

I've been making something of an online lab notebook recording my efforts in gnuradio at:

  http://udel.edu/~mm/gr/

At the very bottom of that page is a section named "Morse Code Decoder" where I show a flowgraph I've come up with. I can't figure out how to take it farther than that, however. I believe I need to learn how to write an out of tree demodulator. If I'm wrong, maybe someone can give me a push in the right direction regarding how to use existing blocks. If I'm correct, what would be the best modulator to study - BPSK? ("Best," meaning easiest for someone new to gnuradio to understand.)

Thanks very much,
Mike Markowski