Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PSD in dBm/Hz

From: madengr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PSD in dBm/Hz
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 08:07:32 -0700 (MST)

Equivalent function here, which could be encapsulated into a GR block if you
don't need speed:

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy-dev/reference/generated/scipy.signal.periodogram.html

I suppose it boils down to the difference between an FFT just normalized to
bandwidth, and the FFT of the autocorrelation; the latter is the true
definition of PSD.  I learned this once 20 years ago (power signals vs.
energy signals) but I don't remember anymore.  Maybe someone can chime in.

Lou

activecat wrote