Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How do YOU packet detect?

From: Marc Newlin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How do YOU packet detect?
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 12:58:17 -0500

Have you looked at the narrowband example scripts? The benchmark_[rx|tx].py scripts support packetized QPSK.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Richard Bell <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

As the subject states, how have you detected packets in your packet based gnu radio SDR?

The only example I have come across is Tom's OFDM packet detect in the digital examples folder. There, he uses an OFDM specific block to generate the trigger signal for the Header/Payload demux.

My use case is very basic. I have a QPSK radio that I am using to measure the performance of different source codes. What I want to do is transmit a file (USRP N210) from the Tx and on the Rx dump the received signal into a file only after detection of the start of the file. I don't want a lot of garabage data before the file actually starts. To stop the dump, I would be happy detecting an end of file condition or using a smart preamble with the file length specified. Doesn't matter to me.

If you have any advice for my case, I would appreciate that.

v/r,
Rich