Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 08:51:00 +0100

Hi,

the Costas-Loop makes sure the phase is corrected -- within possible ambiguity -- for the slicer. For QPSK, this means that the constellation points are mapped to the four points (on the corners of a square) as you would expect, but there are 4 possible rotations how to achieve this. Look up "phase synchronisation" for more details.

Have a look at the costas_loop_cc source code, in gr-digital.