[Discuss-gnuradio] Want to contribute :-)

From: vilvaneshk .
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Want to contribute :-)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 22:51:46 +0530

Hello everyone,
                          I am vilvanesh k,an undergraduate ,studying electronics and communication engineering in IIT BHU,Varanasi,India.I want to join the GNU Radio community and contribute to the same. Few of my college mate's awesome experience as a open source developer and being a part of the open source community in GSoC were my primary source of inspiration.I have written a brief note about myself to give a better understanding.

What I have done till now:
Read the following pages:
1.http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki.
2.http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/HowToUse.
3.http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/HowToGetInvolved.
4.http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Developmdedicatettp://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/ReportingErrors.

and more related sub links.

Searched the entire mailing list archive for advice/instructions to beginners.

Installed gnu radio and all the dependencies (from the build script(it was very helpful))and

I have googled what all can I do with gnu radio, just to understand the power of it!

Skills and resources:
C++ - I have been learning it for the past two years and have written programmes in high school.
I have a 24*7access to Asia's largest cyber library(thousands of journals are available,they can help me in conceptual understanding of the subject)
I can dedicate 4-5 hours daily for the next 14 days and may be more after few weeks.
Note:I don't have any experience in developing softwares,but have done high school level programmes in C++.

With the above things under consideration, I kindly request you all, to give suggestions to me on contributing to the project as a developer.

P.S:If I could get used to the community and become familiar with gnu radio development soon enough,I will draft a proposal for GSoC 2015 and I will be ready to dedicate my summer for GSoC 2015   :-)
Eagerly waiting for a response.

Thanking you,
vilvanesh k.
email address: address@hidden